Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected][_2_] itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net[_2_] is offline

Default Trick for keeping food fresh....

On Monday, July 30, 2018 at 9:49:37 AM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> I've always paid for groceries with cash. I buy gasolene with cash
> too. In fact I don't have an ATM card. For large purchases like
> medical/dental, furnishings, and on line purchases I use a credit card
> and pay the bill that month. I don't have a debit card either...
> debit cards only let people pretend they have funds so halfway through
> the month they are dead broke.

There you go again. If people don't follow your example they're broke
in the middle of the month which of course is nothing but one of your
BIG FAT LIES, once more.

I grocery shop with a Kroger Rewards credit card which last month
enabled me to buy gas at 95ยข off per gallon. I use a debit card,
except for groceries, for all my purchases. It should be treated
just like paying with a check with the exception there is no actual
check number to be posted in your register. Sit down, this will come
as a shock to you; halfway through the month I'm not dead broke because
I use a debit card!

Perhaps 4 or 5 times a year I will write a check. That's only because
the license bureau and property tax department charges a 'convenience
fee' to use a debit or credit card. Also a check will be written in
case a service person has been to my house for some sort of repair.

My medical insurance is automatically taken out of my checking account
each month as are my utilities. Dental insurance is paid through another
rewards card and that card is paid automatically each month through my
checking account as well.

> I often see folks have to leave a
> cartful of groceries at the check-out.

Why is that? Not enough cash? They should pay with a credit card and
then settle that bill each month.