Posted to rec.food.cooking
John Kuthe[_3_] John Kuthe[_3_] is offline

Default Trick for keeping food fresh....

On Sunday, July 29, 2018 at 9:03:55 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> Some items just went to the curb and scavengers took it away. Funny how
> fast some stuff goes, some shelving was gone in less than five minutes
> and we are not on a buys street.

Yeah, when I lived in the Central West End of St Louis for 13 years I used to do that. I called it giving directly to the poor. Just take whatever I wanted to get rid of and put it on top of our dumpsters back in the alley behind our house!

Much easier to take that way than having to "dumpster dive"!

John Kuthe...