Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW[_2_] DaleW[_2_] is offline

Default TN: Loire, Burg, Rioja, Piedmont

With fish and caprese., 2013 Pinon €śLe Vouvray€ť. Sec-tendre, green apple and limeade, well balanced, great effort in a tough vintage. B+/B

With defrosted Easter lamb, the 2010 CVNE €śCune€ť Rioja Gran Reserva. I used to sometimes buy the €śCune€ť crianza, but usually skipped the reserva and gran reserva, thinking Id rather save up for the Vina Real and Imperial. But friend said the €śCune€ť really was a good value, just more forward than the status bottlings.. This is drinking well, black raspberry fruit over a good acidic spine, fine tannins, and a vanilla/cedar oak note that is well integrated, No hurry. B+

Betsy was home after 2 weeks of concerts in Maine, said she hadnt got tired of lobster there, so I got 3 and we made a favorite lobster/corn/tomato dish.
I had hopes for the 1996 Remi Jobard €śLes Genevrières" Meursault 1er Cru as R Jobard seems to have less pox than most and some recent CT notes were good, but this was totally premoxed (watched color darken as I poured, knew immediately). D

Replacement was the 2013 Cazin €śVendanges Manuelles€ś Cour-Cheverny. Apple, citrus and wool, bright, not very heavy but complete. B+

Then Sunday up to Mohonk Mountain House. Cloudy/rainy day, but we got in some windy canoeing before her rehearsal, and I did a short hike while that was on. Quiet afternoon, then we ate in main dining hall (I had veal , duck, salmon hand roll, lots of veggies). After her concert quartet and friends gathered in little bar. Mohonk list is well priced for a resort, lots of half bottles, and decent BTG choices (choice of 5 or 8 ounce pours, with some Coravin wines in 3 oz). Between dinner and late night we shared 3 5 ounce pours

2015 Axel Pauly €śTres Naris€ť Riesling
Crisp, dry herby, ginger notes, not very complex but tasty trocken. B/B-

2014 Michele Reverdito€śSimane€ť Langhe Nebbiolo
Red cherry, some tannic, ok. B-/C+

2016 Louis Jadot Pouilly-Fuisse
Pear, light oak notes, moderate acids. B

No wine last night with leek fritters and green gazpacho from Plenty book.