Mike Tommasi

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 14:36:17 +0200, Ian Hoare >
wrote:

>Salut/Hi Michael Scarpitti,
>
> le/on 10 Sep 2004 18:24:08 -0700, tu disais/you said:-
>
>>skenzer > wrote in message >. ..
>>> Can somebody clarify what the proper serving temps should be for these
>>> wines? I'm assuming around 45f but want to make sure.
>>> Thanks
>>> Skenz

>>No, 50-55 F.

>How would you know? From your personal experience of only drinking Italian
>wines?

Precisely

>I say this publicly to warn all readers to take everything this troll says
>with not just a pinch of salt, but a whole bushel.

I could not agree more. On behalf of all Italians of gentler
extraction than that particularly obnoxious dogmatic and brain-limited
varietal, I protest.

>To answer the OP, if it's a Gewurz with some residual sweetness, serving it
>colder (say around 45F) will tend to bring the whole wine into better
>equilibrium. If it's a top dry Gewurz made by someone like Ostertag or
>Faller or Deiss, then maybe a touch warmer, I feel.

Agreed. The question referring to both grape varieties, I also assume
that we are talking French (aka F_____) wine, and I would add to the
list of "warmer" wines, such producers as Frick, Gresser, Sipp,
Kreydenweiss.

Mike

Mike Tommasi, Six Fours, France
email link http://www.tommasi.org/mymail