Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Here's a Question

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> If you wear rings, do you wear them when you are cooking?
>
> I often see cooking shows where people are wearing rings while kneading
> dough or tossing things like potatoes or other vegetables with oil before
> putting them on a baking sheet. I have to wonder, doesn't that muck them
> up? I always take my jewelry off before I cook. I also frequently wash
> my hands so hey, I don't want to accidentally wash a ring down the drain.
> Don't set them on the window sill above the sink!
>
> What say you?

Depends on the ring and what I'm cooking. If it has no stone or the rose
gold one that is flat with no prongs then I'll likely keep them on when
using my hands in dough. Most often I don't have rings on to begin with. I
generally only wear them while out and take them off when I get home.

Many years ago I got cookie dough embedded in the prongs of a birthstone
ring. I learned not to rings like that with dough.

Never gave a thought to losing a ring. I did lose my wedding ring a few
times. It was always found in the bottom of my purse. But right now my hands
tend to swell more than anything so a ring is more likely to get stuck then
fall off.