Posted to rec.food.cooking
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default I ate 24 potatoes with dinner.

On 7/14/2018 12:42 AM, Cheri wrote:
> "Terry Coombs" > wrote in message
>> Â To paraphrase Bill Clinton , "Nookin' ain't Cookin' " . The
>> microwave is fantastic for warming up already-cooked dishes and
>> thawing stuff out . And not much else , IMO .

> I don't really find that to be true, great for fresh veggies, fish,
> rice, etc.

True.
When my rice cooker died (many years ago), I tried Barbara Kafka's
microwave method. It worked so well, I didn't bother to replace the rice
cooker.

I do vegetables in the MC too - things like sprouts, broccoli, etc, come
out bright green and tasty, never soggy and grey.
Fresh white fish, rolled around a bit of herb butter and quickly zapped,
comes out moist and tasty.
..
Wonderful in summer, when the kitchen can feel oppressively hot. Saves
energy costs, too, as it cooks quickly and the AC doesn't have to work
so hard.