Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default semi-hot item in cold fridge causes sour-ness

On 7/13/2018 1:19 PM, notbob wrote:
> On 7/13/2018 11:07 AM, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> No, it won't.Â* It can sit there for an hour or so, no worries.Â* It's
>> not as if I leave it sitting out overnight.

> Which I've done and it doesn't seem to bother the item.
>
> It's not like I put sed item in fridge, right away.Â* I wait a couple
> hours cuz my fridge (Maytag) has glass shelves.Â*
>
> nb

I don't know whether Gordon Ramsay is right about the sourness thing. I
do know I don't put anything piping hot off the stove into the fridge.
It has nothing to do with glass shelves. (My 29 year old GE fridge has
glass shelves.) I simply think it's unnecessary to transfer hot food
immediately into the refrigerator. It's not going to spoil if it sits
out for a bit.

After I eat, I don't want to rush to clean up and put everything away.
I take some time to relax after a meal.

Of course Kitchen Nightmares is a pseudo reality show and he's talking
about what they do in a commercial kitchen.

Jill