Old 13-07-2018, 04:12 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected][_2_] itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net[_2_] is offline

Default semi-hot item in cold fridge causes sour-ness

On Friday, July 13, 2018 at 9:49:16 AM UTC-5, notbob wrote:

I've been watching old eps of Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares (USA
edition). More than once, I've seen Gordon tear into chefs fer not
knowing that putting a hot soup/sauce into a cold refrigerator makes sed
soup/sauce "sour". True?

I've been doing this (putting semi-hot soup in fridge) fer years. IME,
letting soup/sauce cool on range-top prior to putting in refrigerator
cause item to spoil sooner. Yes? No?

nb

I dunno. I always let soups set on the stove for about two hours before
shoving in them in the 'fridge and haven't encountered any sourness.
Maybe Gordon is correct and that's why mine never taste sour.