Posted to rec.food.preserving
Sunshine Sunshine is offline

Default How can I clean off burned on food

On Wednesday, July 4, 2018 at 1:40:07 PM UTC-4, songbird wrote:
> Sunshine wrote:
> > The pot is stainless steel with an enamel or epoxy finish. The lid is cast iron.

> very unlikely to be epoxy. plastics would melt...
>
> if the burned on stuff is just carbon black that
> should come off eventually and isn't a harm to anything
> at all if it is left alone. a few bits of carbon won't
> hurt a person. just a little crunchy at times.
>
> you can try a piece of wood (old wooden spoon, etc.)
> to scrape it off.
>
> as for structural, if the burn is actually damaged
> metal, does the pot appear damaged from the outside?
> in that case i'd probably end up replacing the pot
> and learn my lesson to be more careful next time.
>

> songbird

Thanks for your input, songbird but cured epoxy is commonly used as a coating for many metals - including pots and it will not melt in this realm.

Ah yes, a little bit of carbon wont hurt us carbon units .

No, the pot is not structurally damaged, fortunately. Don't fret songbird, being a mere mortal comes with the whole package of being imperfect at times.

I bid you a pleasant day / evening and thank you for taking the time to respond.

Sunshine