Posted to rec.food.preserving
songbird songbird is offline

Default How can I clean off burned on food

Sunshine wrote:
> The pot is stainless steel with an enamel or epoxy finish. The lid is cast iron.

very unlikely to be epoxy. plastics would melt...

if the burned on stuff is just carbon black that
should come off eventually and isn't a harm to anything
at all if it is left alone. a few bits of carbon won't
hurt a person. just a little crunchy at times.

you can try a piece of wood (old wooden spoon, etc.)
to scrape it off.

as for structural, if the burn is actually damaged
metal, does the pot appear damaged from the outside?
in that case i'd probably end up replacing the pot
and learn my lesson to be more careful next time.

songbird