Old 20-06-2018, 08:38 PM posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW[_2_] DaleW[_2_] is offline

Default TN: almost summer weekend wines- PN, Chardonnay, Riesling, more

On Wednesday, June 20, 2018 at 1:49:29 PM UTC-4, Mark Lipton wrote:
On 6/19/18 3:15 PM, DaleW wrote:

Oh dear. what is issue with politics? Is this something new with the widow?
I've already stopped buying Montevertine.

My bad. It was Pierre Bise in the Loire, not Simon Bize.

Apologies,
Mark Lipton
--

Thanks. I seem to have a couple of mid-90s Pierre-Bise stickies, but haven't bought in many years. Support for Le Pen doesn;t make me want to search out.

I don't actually try to track the political views of producers I buy, but when someone is as blatantly racist as Manetti was on his own winery's public forum, I find it easy to spend money elsewhere. But I do treasure the Montevertines I had bought previously. Mostly open them at fundraisers devoted to diversity.