Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] penmart01@aol.com is offline

Default Simple foods with local cost factors

On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 20:13:12 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at 8:33:37 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>> On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 18:24:50 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >I've yet to encounter a spaghetti sauce that was ever improved by adding
>> >anything to it.

>> Are you saying that supermarket spaghetti sauce is perfect or that it
>> can't be saved?
>>

>The only decent supermarket spaghetti sauce I've encountered to ME
>that is any good is Newman's Own organic marinara. I'm not an organic
>nut by any means but his is really, really good.

I've tried Newman's Own, found it no better or worse than any other
jarred.
Pasta sauce needn't be red. For us a great easy-peasy pasta
sauce is to saute an entire head of slivered garlic in evoo with some
Italian herbs. Toss with choice of pasta and top with grated cheese.
Serve with saw-seege and en-salad.