Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Simple foods with local cost factors

On 2018-06-13 11:13 PM, wrote:

> The only decent supermarket spaghetti sauce I've encountered to ME
> that is any good is Newman's Own organic marinara. I'm not an organic
> nut by any means but his is really, really good.

Costco sells a pretty good one. I normally make my own buy sauteing some
finely chopped onion, garlic and red pepper, a pinch of hot chili flakes
in olive oil, some oregano and basil then adding a jar of pasada. It is
not a lot of work, bit the Costco stuff is a lot easier.