Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Simple foods with local cost factors

> wrote in message
> On Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at 6:29:49 PM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:
>>
>> Hi, moving this post over here.
>>
>> --------this is from a Yahoo group local chat area.
>>
>> Tonight I was finishing up some work at home so Charlotte took over for
>> most of it. I only helped with the Garlic bread and suggested the
>> garlic addition to the jarred sauce.
>>
>> As a quick fix I always have some jarred spaghetti sauce. This one is
>> a Classico 4 cheese blend. Charlotte added about 3/4 ts powdered
>> garlic to it which kicked just right against the sweetness.
>>

> I've yet to encounter a spaghetti sauce that was ever improved by adding
> anything to it.
>>
>> The butter is generally sale priced to 2lbs/4$ so 25cents a stick
>> and we will call it 15cents worth.
>>

> I certainly hope whoever wrote this is not allowed to do any bookkeeping
> at their place of employment.
>
> To me, the only thing that sounded good was the garlic bread.

I got some of the P$$$t brand of pasta sauce at Fred Meyers. They seem to be
phasing out that brand. Clearance price was 42 cents. I got it for the cheap
factor and not so much the taste. It seems fine for a quick meal, especially
since none of us are big on eating pasta. I usually add a little plain
tomato sauce, more cheese and some herbs. Last time I add fresh basil and
Italian parsley that I grew. Also a bag of Trader Joe's frozen party
meatballs. Not bad for meatballs.

This will never be a favorite meal but it's cheap and quick to fix. I use
Tinkyada brown rice pasta.