Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Bacteria on kitchen towels

https://www.livescience.com/62789-ki...-bacteria.html

> They're acting like this is new information. They've done tests many,
> many years ago to prove that wet/damp kitchen towels have bacteria on
> them.

True about the studies. It should be common sense to wash kitchen
towels frequently. Still, I'm not afraid to use the same kitchen towel
(for *drying my hands*) for a week. More important, IMHO, is washing
your hands. I do that before, during (prep) and after cooking.

Another not surprise from the article. If you have a large family/kids
going in and out of the kitchen, they're all going to be using that
towel at some point. So how's about you wash it more frequently?

I don't know about you folks but even as a single person I have a drawer
containing a number of clean, folded kitchen towels. It's called doing
"laundry once a week".

Jill