Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] penmart01@aol.com is offline

Default Tough radishes

On Mon, 11 Jun 2018 11:32:53 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 10 Jun 2018 22:11:09 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>>> I know this isn't a gardening group but I thought someone here might
>>> know. I
>>> am growing English Breakfast radishes. I have grown them before with no
>>> problems. We haven't had any really hot weather yet. Leaves came on
>>> quickly.
>>> I tried eating a couple a few weeks ago. While tender and flavorful, they
>>> were toothpick skinny. So I let them go but now it's to the point where a
>>> few have gone to seed. But they're still not right! Angela and I pulled
>>> some
>>> up and tried to eat them. Couldn't. Now they're about the width of three
>>> round toothpicks. Length seems right. But... We could not bite into them.
>>> They are very woody and tough. So we just sucked the flavor out and
>>> tossed
>>> them.
>>>
>>> What would cause this? Thanks!

>> Don't you have a professional 365x7x24 gardner? For ****s sake,
>> make him do some work to earn his room and board. Why ask us to
>> solve your problems? You've made it clear hundreds of times that
>> our advice is useless anyway.

>He does specific things. Growing vegetables isn't one of them.

Puh-leez... the only planting your gardener does is in your personal
orifices... there isn't a woman alive who lets her gardner live rent
free unless he's regularly giving her his big horny dick. LOL I'd bet
you're not allergic to tube steak.
Good for you, Julie,,, I bet your ex wasn't doing you for years, he
was unable.