Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young[_9_] Nancy Young[_9_] is offline

Default Anthony Bourdain RIP

On 6/8/2018 11:22 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 6/8/2018 10:48 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
>
>> He wasn't one of those people where you're Oh he was so happy and
>> laughing all the time, and he did have heroin addiction in his past,
>> but I did not see that coming.Â* And to let your friend find you?
>>
>> I know he's got younger kids, too.Â* He must have been really suffering,
>> I was very sorry to see that news greet me first thing.

> When I saw the headline it did not say suicide, but gave his age.Â* Given
> his lifestyle of drugs, smoking, drinking and whatever to excess, I'd
> not be surprised.

Same here, I saw that he'd died and my first thought was oh no, then
I guess his heart gave out due to lifestyle. I didn't know it was
suicide until I looked at the article.

> I guess there are a lot of people that seem to have it all but really
> have nothing in the way of true happiness and content.

He sure seemed to have a lot of friends who cared about him. But
depression doesn't care, if that was the problem.

nancy