Posted to rec.food.cooking
notbob notbob is offline

Default Anthony Bourdain RIP

On 6/8/2018 7:32 AM, Dave Smith wrote:

> I had a late start this morning and was surprised that no one else had
> posted about the death of Anthony Bourdain.... by suicide. What a
> tragedy.Â* He was a very interesting guy.

I saw it. I was gunna post: "Bourdain Blows His Brains Out", but it was
hard to realize there wasn't a thread already existing.

Tony was a hard core "urban-ist" (I jes made that word up). I read his
seconnd book (Medium Raw) but got lost in all his 'thesaurus' nonsense
before I could finish.

Is what WAS interesting about him was that he had friends who did not
even know about his cooking career. They knew only about his writing
career! Talk about a 'compartmentalized' life.

He traveled the World, hung with the poor, yet lived the "high-life". I
don't know if he was "interesting" or not, but he was certainly weird.

nb