Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default REC: Spinach & Feta Quiche (WAS: Dinner Tonight 5/16/18)

On 5/16/2018 8:41 PM, wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 16, 2018 at 4:25:40 PM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
>>
>> Spinach & Feta quiche. I make this particular combo as quiche a couple
>> of times a year. It's so easy (especially since I don't screw it up
>> making my own pie crust). Quite tasty.
>>
>> Jill
>>

> Share your spinach and feta quiche recipe, please.

It's a recipe from The Frugal Gourmet's first book. I've been making
this for years.

Spinach and Feta Quiche

1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
4 eggs, beaten
3/4 c. cream
1-1/4 c. milk
salt & pepper to taste
2 Tbs. lemon juice
2 Tbs. parsley, chopped
1/4 lb. feta cheese, crumbled
1 quiche crust (I use a pre-prepared frozen deep dish pie crust)
3 Tbs. freshly grated parmesan or romano cheese

Drain the spinach and squeeze out as much moisture as possible; it
should be fairly dry. Mix the eggs, cream and milk. Add the salt,
pepper, lemon juice and parsley. Stir in the spinach and feta cheese.
Fill the crust and sprinkle the parmesan or romano on top. Bake at 375F
for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out dry.
Cool for 10 minutes before serving. May be served at room temp.
Serves 6.

MY NOTES: I use a collapsible veggie steamer to squeeze the excess
moisture from the defrosted spinach. I don't bother adding the mere 2
Tbs. of parsley. I use slightly less cream and milk.

Jill