Steve

That One Guy wrote:
> Hi,
> Okay, I'm not a "Flexitarian" I'm "Near Vegetarian". I've decided
> to go full vegetarian on my Birthday (October 7th, I'll be 20). Good
> gift huh.
> Also, I've decided to make my New Year's Resolution to become Vegan!
> I've been Listening to "Veganism in a Nutshell" on Goveg.com and it
> is interesting.
> I am glad I have made this decision!
> - Matt

I have recently helped a coworker go vegetarian. I perused the "starter
kits" out there before I settled on material to give to her.

I think Vegan Outreach has the best "vegan starter kit" ( just add milk
and eggs ). It has the most down to earth philosophy and it tells the
reader what s/he should know about nutrtion. I just did not see that in
the other starter kits.

Its free, you can read it online, you can download it as a pdf, or they
will mail you a print copy for free.

It takes about an hour to read but it will pay you back in a lot of
avoided mistakes:

http://www.veganoutreach.org/starterpack/

If you don't read it, just head this one warning. Many new lacto-ova
vegetarians replace meat with milk and end up getting an iron deficency
......milk has next to no iron in it.

HTH

Steve

--
Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html

Steve's Home Page
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdom/

"The great American thought trap: It is not real
unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
shopping mall"