Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Wine with friends- Piedmont, CdP, Bdx, Chablis, Kremstal

On 4/9/18 9:43 PM, DaleW wrote:
> Yes, sadly Lucy had to be put down early last year. She was happy and

chipper even at 14, but then got pancreatitis. We were going to take a
break from dog for a while, and maybe not do Bassets, plan lasted about
2 weeks till I came home to find Betsy watching Basset puppy videos. A
bit of searching, 2 months after Lucy we rescued Ruby, she was 5 1/2
months (someone got puppy from breeder as Christms present for small
kids, then discovered what that was like). She;s 1.5 years now, very
happy dog. If you come to NY and visit again, she'd like to meet you (we
can open an ESJ Bassetti)

I dimly recall your posting about Lucy, but I somehow missed the
adoption. Congrats to you all, Dale. I'm sure that Ruby will have a
great life with you and Betsy (and hopefully Betsy can lay off the
bassett videos for another decade or two -- very touching story)

> The whole Cordier stable (Meyney, Gruaud, Talbot) did so great that

year. The Gruaud especially, though all offered great value (Gruaud 86
is getting expensive now)

This was a bottle I bought on release at North Berkeley Wines while a
penurious postdoc at Berkeley. I believe the price paid was $35. Since
we don't drink as much claret as we used to (less red meat in the diet)
no problem hanging onto this and other bottles.

Mark Lipton