Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Wine with friends- Piedmont, CdP, Bdx, Chablis, Kremstal

On 4/9/18 3:53 PM, DaleW wrote:

> 2001 Sella Lessona
> Really in a nice place, red cherry, tar, and flowers, resolved tannins, balanced acid. B+/A-

I love those Sella wines, but I haven't read much about recent vintages.
Has there been a change in winemaking there?

> Betsy, Ruby, and I walked over hill for a dinner party Sunday night.

Ruby? Is she a new dog around the house? I feel like I may have missed
something. If so, apologies.

> 1986 Meyney
> This caught me a little by surprise, delicious as always, but I think of this as a cassis driven wine and this seemed more red fruited. Cherry and rich raspberry, leather, tobacco. Balanced and with a nice finish. Tasty mature claret. B+

Sounds great. I think that I have a bottle of '86 Gruaud-Larose still
in the cellar (it'll probably outlive me).

As always, thanks for the notes, Dale.

Mark Lipton