Posted to rec.food.equipment
[email protected] menardkd@gmail.com is offline

Default copper bowl with Kitchenaid

On Saturday, December 14, 1996 at 1:00:00 AM UTC-7, Daniel Mildenberger wrote:
> Has anyone tried the copper bowl insert?
>
> The KitchenAid dealer says it is not a KitchenAid accessory, and that the
> copper/egg white advantage is a myth.
>
> Also...if it is worth buying, do I have to pay $93 CDN at Haute Cuisine in
> Victoria?

Is this post still active? I have owned the KitchenAid 5 qt copper bowl insert for a very long time and the first time I used it, it doubled the amount of whipped egg whites I ended up with -- oh my god! The whipped frosting FINALLY covered my entire 2-layer cake! My brother-in-law bought it for me. I have since purchased one for my new daughter-in-law. The KitchenAid dealer is an idiot. The one disadvantage is that reaction to the egg whites does make the inside of the copper bowl dark, so you need to use salt and cream of tartar to get it all nice and shiny again.