Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: 2 Pomerols and 1 "Cave des Pomerol" (?!?!), Loire, Minervois,Baden sticky

On 3/27/18 2:41 PM, DaleW wrote:
> Thursday AM was spent shoveling snow, shoulder was a bit sore and I thought it affected my mood. Made dinner for Betsy and I (shrimp/clam/fennel pasta) and opened the 2016 Pepiere La Pepie Muscadet. Light, easy, saline, but about halfway through meal (and first glass) I realized I was ill. So left remainder, Betsy used for cooking next 2 nights. I didnt make any notes at time, but think a pretty credible effort in a tough year.

Sorry to hear about the illness, Dale. Regarding, La Pepie, despite the
very loving description found on CSW's website, Jeff Grossman and others
have not found much appeal in this bottling. I'll be interested to hear
about it again if you open up another. Tough year indeed!

> By Saturday I was better, a couple of friends helped Betsy start packing up kitchen to prepare for dinner, we had helpers and their spouses for dinner. Starter was smoked salmon on toast with a little mustard/horseradish sauce, and a summer truffle €śsalsa€ť on toast
>
> 2010 Yann Alexander Blanc de Blancs Champagne. Acids and tight bubbles, bright, green apple, slightly shrill but fun. B

Is this the "Courmas" bottling? I see a note on CT from "Blanquito" on
this wine from an event at your place. More generally, I've found Fass
Selections to be an excellent source of BdB non-dosé fizz that appeals
to our taste. I'm not so sure about his tastes in Beaujolais and the
jury's still out on his Burgundy and Rhone selections (no qualms about
his Rieslings and Spätburgunders, though).

Thanks, as always, for the interesting notes!

Mark Lipton