Old 08-09-2004, 05:44 PM
kilikini

"BFB" wrote in message
Glenn Jacobs wrote:

On 08 Sep 2004 09:37:51 GMT, PENMART01 wrote:
Afterburners

Serve with a spicy queso dip.

12 unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
12 jalapeņo peppers
6 bacon slices, halved lengthwise

Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired.
Cut a slit in each jalapeņo pepper; remove seeds and membranes.

Carefully place
one shrimp in cavity of each pepper.

Wrap each pepper with 1 bacon piece, and secure with a wooden pick.

Place in a
jellyroll pan.

Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 6 to 7 minutes on each side, or until bacon

is
cooked. Serve warm.

Those must be tiny shrimp (no pun intended, at least not much) or giant
Jalapeņos. Sounds good, but I wonder what would happen if you used a
larger pepper such as a Poblano or an Anaheim? And I wonder how it

would
be with the Bacon inside the pepper with the shrimp. Food for thought!
Maybe I will give it a try, not soon though, if it comes out good will

let
you know.

I suspect bacon inside wouldn't work well because the bacon would
steam since most of the the moisture would be trapped. The bacon would
soak in its own fat & be soggy. The outside wrapping is probably the
best option.

These do sound good though.

BFB
NYC

Alot of guys stuff the peppers with a sausage mixture and then wrap them
with bacon. The bacon seals the top of the pepper; IOW, instead of going
around the pepper, you put it across the top. Many, many people roast them
on the grill this way for added flavor.

These peppers are a frequent toppic in a couple of other Usenet groups I
frequent regularly and are affectionally called Atomic Turds, I suspect
because of their shape before roasting and what happens post eating. :~)

kili