Posted to alt.food.wine
Pantheras[_4_] Pantheras[_4_] is offline

Default Cheap and cheaper

About a month ago, I went in an Aldi grocery store to look around.
I found a bottle of Cabernet for $2.07. I thought about the cost
of putting that bottle on the shelf: bottle $.47, label,cap and
cork bring it up to about $.63. Shipping must be $.30. Anyway, it
looked to me like about $1.o7 for the Cabernet. I didn't think any
one could do that so I bought a bottle to see what was in it.
I was every bit as good as any $25 bottle of California Cab that
I have drunk.
Winking Owl - Modesto, Ca
Two weeks later the price had skyrocketed to $2.78. Still a good
buy.
I tried the Winking Owl Chardonay for $2.78. I don't believe this
bottle was filled with wine. Yuck
If you go in Aldi, make sure your smart phone has a scanner so you
can find the price of items. I think about 50% are unmarked.

I bought an electronic fever thermometer that measures from forehead
and ear for $8.
Bill Loftin