Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young[_9_] Nancy Young[_9_] is offline

Default "Eat lightly when you're a guest" - question

On 2/10/2018 2:32 PM, wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Feb 2018 09:17:13 -0500, Nancy Young >
> wrote:

>> I've heard (well, seen) people say they miss the old days when
>> people got dressed up to go shopping, or worse, the airport.
>> Comfort is more important these days. If I'm clean and neat,
>> it'll have to be good enough.

> Years ago travel accomodations were far more comfortable, even tourist
> class seating on planes was more spacious than today's first class.

I always wind up in the middle seat. Very uncomfortable.

> Today's automobiles are made for midgets... a late model Mercedes
> hasn't much more seating space than a VW bug. I used to drive a '78
> Eldorado... about a year ago I had the occasion to sit in the rear
> seat of a new Caddy, no leg room and I'm barely 6', I had to sit
> sideways. My old Eldorado could easily seat six NBAers.

I drove a large car on occasion, it's not for me. I'm midsize
sedan all the way. Plenty of room in the front and back and
still easy to park.

nancy