Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young[_9_] Nancy Young[_9_] is offline

Default "Eat lightly when you're a guest" - question

On 2/10/2018 6:39 PM, wrote:

> My sister-in-law's mother was a buyer for one of the exclusive
> women's store here in the 60's. Three or four times a year she
> would fly to New York to buy the coming season clothes. I can
> remember riding to the airport to see her off for about 10 days.
> She, and all the other women, were dressed to the nines for their
> flights.

I bet they were, being in the fashion industry. I can see getting
dressed up to fly if I had an interview or a meeting to attend at
the other end of the flight.
> That's back when you could actually walk out on the tarmac and
> watch them board and watch the plane take off.
>> I came across some gloves at my mother's house, even a couple of
>> old hats. I don't recall ever seeing her wear anything like that.

> I don't remember my mother wearing gloves but I do remember her
> wearing a hat to church every Sunday. She finally stopped wearing
> a hat to services sometime in the 70's.

Seems like things went from 'she's not wearing a hat!' to 'why is
she wearing a hat?' pretty quickly.

nancy