Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected][_2_] itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net[_2_] is offline

Default "Eat lightly when you're a guest" - question

On Saturday, February 10, 2018 at 10:23:38 AM UTC-6, Nancy Young wrote:

> On 2/10/2018 9:58 AM, jmcquown wrote:
>
> >> I've heard (well, seen) people say they miss the old days when
> >> people got dressed up to go shopping, or worse, the airport.

My sister-in-law's mother was a buyer for one of the exclusive
women's store here in the 60's. Three or four times a year she
would fly to New York to buy the coming season clothes. I can
remember riding to the airport to see her off for about 10 days.
She, and all the other women, were dressed to the nines for their
flights.

That's back when you could actually walk out on the tarmac and
watch them board and watch the plane take off.

> I came across some gloves at my mother's house, even a couple of
> old hats. I don't recall ever seeing her wear anything like that.
>
> nancy

I don't remember my mother wearing gloves but I do remember her
wearing a hat to church every Sunday. She finally stopped wearing
a hat to services sometime in the 70's.