Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default "Eat lightly when you're a guest" - question

On 2018-02-10 11:31 AM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 2/10/2018 10:07 AM, Dave Smith wrote:

>> People in this area tend to dress casually. There is an exception. A
>> couple years ago an outlet mall opened up and it attracts people from
>> out of town. It still surprises me to see people all dressed up to go
>> shopping.

> Wow, for an outlet mall, no less?

Indeed. If you go to the local malls people are likely to be wearing
jeans and other casual attire. The outlet mall tends to attract a lot
of Chinese and eastern Europeans from larger cities, and they tend to
dress very nicely.

> There is a mall we go to where
> we do feel a bit like hookers at a Baptist convention, it's very
> expensive and rich people do walk around expecting to be seen by
> other rich people, I guess.Â* Still, I don't dress up to go there.
> Much.

My wife is not much of a shopper, but she always dresses up to do it.