Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young[_9_] Nancy Young[_9_] is offline

Default "Eat lightly when you're a guest" - question

On 2/10/2018 9:58 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 2/10/2018 9:17 AM, Nancy Young wrote:

>> I've heard (well, seen) people say they miss the old days when
>> people got dressed up to go shopping, or worse, the airport.
>> Comfort is more important these days.Â* If I'm clean and neat,
>> it'll have to be good enough.
>>

> I vaguely remember those Jackie Kennedy days.

If I was Jackie Kennedy I'd dress up all the time, too, because
every day she stepped out the door there were photographers. My idea
of hell.

> I have a drawer full of
> gloves my mother owned.Â* Long gloves for formal occasions (Marine Corps
> Ball, no doubt) and short gloves for when she was going to a luncheon. I
> have a couple of her old hats, too.Â* I don't remember her wearing them
> to go shopping, though.

I came across some gloves at my mother's house, even a couple of
old hats. I don't recall ever seeing her wear anything like that.

nancy