wesley

Default question about Martha S.

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 12:39:41 -0800, paula wrote:

> thankyou all for answering my query about the cookie sales. now for
> another question.Late last night ( 2am. actually) i caught the back
> end of an american news show. All i heard was that martha S. was
> facing a possible 20-30 year jail sentence if found guilty !!!!! Now
> through this group i have gathered that martha has her own t.v. show,
> (although i do not know what kind of a show it is ) but what on earth
> has she done to earn this. please enlighten me. thanks.

She is charged with "insider trading" of a public stock. That is
illegal. Martha should know - she used to be a stockbroker. (The charge of
defrauding investors in her own company was dismissed yesterday. That was
a very weak charge that I'm surprised prosecutors ever brought. However,
the insider trading charge remains and also carries serious penalties.)

As they say, "if you can't do the time, don't do the crime." Only time
will tell if the jury finds her guilty.