Posted to rec.food.baking
Nyssa[_2_] Nyssa[_2_] is offline

Default Hudson Cream Self Rising Flour????

wrote:

> NOTHING beats Hudson Cream. It is the type of wheat used
> and milled extra fine. I am now living in TX having moved
> from WV and have tried every flour there is to be had
> here, even the expensive ones. It has been a 2 year quest
> to make biscuits I used to. No Luck. You can't. I always
> ask family to bring it back with them.

I have a neighbor who agrees with you. Every time I go out
of town near a Kroger, I have to pick up two or three bags
of this stuff so her biscuits will come out to her
specifications.

If you've got a friendly store manager, perhaps you could
request a special order of the flour then keep the extra
bags in your freezer until needed. That's what my neighbor
does with the extra bags and it doesn't seem to hurt the
flour over the months of storage.

Nyssa, who has the same feelings about Indian Head Plain
White Cornmeal...nothing else works right for her spoon
bread