Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] lucretiaborgia@fl.it is offline

Default Croquettes with no egg?

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 16:58:21 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2018-01-12 1:24 PM, wrote:
>> On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 11:37:01 -0500, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:

>>> Canada fast tracked thousands of Lebanese to citizenship because of
>>> conflict at home. A few years back, when Israel pounded Lebanon, we had
>>> 55,000 "Canadians" who were screaming to be evacuated from Lebanon.
>>> They were mostly those who had come here for citizenship and then
>>> returned to their homeland. We spent millions to rescue those citizens
>>> of convenience and shortly after things settled down back in Lebanon
>>> most of them went back there to their real homes.

>> It must be so sad to be you! One thing you could do is learn the
>> difference between 'refugee' and 'immigrant' - Then if you check on
>> what coming here as an immigrant will cost, why you might even look
>> more favourably on some!
>>

> It is not as sad as thinking that an ad hominem is valid argument. I
>know it is not cheap to immigrate, and that is why so many come here and
>try to claim refugee status instead of going through the legal
>immigration program. You could have done a little research and realized
>that half of the refugee claims from asylum seekers have been rejected.
>Why should I look favourably on people coming here illegally, claiming
>refugee status and living off our social safety net when they have legal
>options for admission?

It is sad that you have such little comprehension of how the system
works. There's an area outside town here known as Little Taiwan, not
one of those houses sold for under $500,000, all to immigrants who
paid the money to 'fast track'. Good business for our builders and
suppliers. Plus I doubt our hospitals and nursing homes could stay
open without Filipinos and Newfoundlanders!

Wake up! In Canada for years we have had a zero population growth and
we need everyone. As regards refugees, stats show that at first they
are on income assistance but when they have mastered the language they
move on quickly, many opening their own businesses. At least have the
decency to grant them a chance rather than putting them all down.