Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Croquettes with no egg?

On 2018-01-12 1:35 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 6:35:09 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

>> Canada fast tracked thousands of Lebanese to citizenship because of
>> conflict at home. A few years back, when Israel pounded Lebanon, we had
>> 55,000 "Canadians" who were screaming to be evacuated from Lebanon.
>> They were mostly those who had come here for citizenship and then
>> returned to their homeland. We spent millions to rescue those citizens
>> of convenience and shortly after things settled down back in Lebanon
>> most of them went back there to their real homes.

> Sounds like your country is doing the right thing.

Really?? By taking refugees from a war torn country and fast tracking
them for citizenship so that they can turn around and go back to the
country from which they had sought refuge?? Nuts to that. Allow them in
with extended visas or as permanent residents and give them citizenship
only after an extended period of crime free self sufficiency. This
government is actually reduced the the time required to obtain
citizenship. I have difficulty with the idea of them needing citizenship
if they aren't living here.