hahabogus

Priscilla Ballou > wrote in news:vze23t8n-
:

> In article >,
> hahabogus > wrote:
>
>> I am feeling a deep longing for some oven baked BBQ spare ribs.
>> Does the Group have any low carb BBQ sauce recipes and/or advice?

> Repost:
>
> * Exported from MasterCook *
>
> Indispensable Almost No Carb Barbecue Sauce
>
> Recipe By :Jenny the Bean (asdlc)
> Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
> Categories : condiment low-carb

Snip

* Exported from MasterCook *

Thai Sweet And Sour Chile Dipping Sauce

Recipe By :Karen Barnaby
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Accompaniment Condiments
Sauces

4 tablespoons Splenda
1 cup boiling water
1/2 red bell pepper -- stem removed, but
with the seeds and core left in
1 fresh chili pepper - (to 3)
2 garlic cloves -- smashed
1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
3 tablespoons fish sauce

Combine the Splenda and boiling water. Let sit until cool.

Roughly chop the pepper and chilies. Combine with the garlic, salt and 1/4
of the Splenda mixture in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
The pepper seeds will remain whole.

Add to the rest of the Splenda mixture along with the lime juice and fish
sauce. Keeps for 1 week, covered and refrigerated.

This recipe yields 1 1/2 cups.

Total Carbohydrates: 21.43 grams
Total Carbohydrates minus Fiber: 18.09 grams
Carbohydrates per Serving (1 Tbsp.): 0.9 grams
Carbohydrates per Serving minus Fiber (1 Tbsp.): 0.75 grams

Source:
"Karen's Gourmet Low-Carb Recipes at http://www.lowcarb.ca"
S(Formatted for MC6):
"05-28-2003 by Joe Comiskey - Mad's Recipe Emporium"
Yield:
"1 1/2 cups"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 129 Calories; 7g Fat (45.8% calories
from fat); 1g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 7mg Cholesterol;
2142mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

--
Last year's nuts must go.
- Michael Odom