Old 24-11-2017, 03:20 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Boiling or simmering raw sausage links

On 11/24/2017 12:03 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 20:07:01 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Now, as for browning the sausage, I won't argue it might taste
better that way, but I'll be using it in the beans (either great
northern or kidney, always done to near mush), so I'll probably
pass on the browning because I'm a lazy guy and I'll have less pan
to wash. Appreciate the advice though.

It takes 10-12 seconds to wash a pan that going to be used to make
something you're going to eat for 6 days taste better. You really are
a lazy ****. This is why I didn't and wont even try and answer of
your cooking questions.

-sw

TJ has always been proud of his laziness. If I was going to make beans
in the pan right after the sausage, no reason to clean it. The fond
would add some flavor. Make it easier to clean when all is done.