Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Bella Jones Bella Jones is offline

Default UK - Tea retailers online ?

On Thursday, July 10, 2003 at 1:11:48 AM UTC+5:30, Rick Chappell wrote:
> Hello. I was amused to read your post because, since I'm going to
> London next week, I was going to ask the newsgroup about where to go
> there to buy tea. On my last visit I stumbled into a tea shop which
> didn't have much tea of quality, so I supposed that London is no
> guarantee of good tea. On the other hand, I'm traveling via
> Philadelphia which has a nationally famous tea shop which with luck
> I'll be able to stop at, though I won't have much time.
>
> You will probably get a lot of answers, maybe from some with experience
> in English tea shops like Whittards which will save you postage. If
> not, I have had very good luck with SpecialTeas,
> http://www.specialteas.com/ , and Upton Teas, www.uptontea.com .
> The former has a flat 6$US international shipping fee and the latter is
> 10$US for the first pound (they may be different types of shipping
> though).
>
> Best,
>
> Rick.
>
> wrote:
> > Hi -

> > I'm a bit new around these parts, so apologies if this question has been
> > answered before.

> > I regularly shop at Whittards Tea Zone shops in London (for those that don't
> > know, these are like their standard tea shops with a special section set aside
> > for speciality/single estate teas). Obviously it would be much easier if I
> > could shop online, so wondered if anyone here had recommendations, or had
> > tried ordering online from Whittards [ideally would like to get them to
> > deliver to me at work].

> > AFAICT, Twinnings doesn't offer their speciality teas online, and their shops
> > opening hours aren't the most convenient if you work during the week.

> > I've also found the St James Teas website, how do they do quality wise ?

> > I like mid to stronger black teas, Ceylons, Assams, etc. I notice St James
> > does tea from Kenya and Tanzania and wondered whether or not these were worth
> > trying ?

> > --
> > Regards, Chris

Hi Chris,
I shop for my tea from Halmari tea and I have been very satisfied with the quality of it. All their teas are sourced from Assam, so I am guessing it will be something that you will like. And the rate is also very reasonable. Try their clonal tea, it is really very nice.
Website Link -
https://www.halmaritea.co.uk/teas/.