BOB

Matthew L. Martin wrote:
> I think that it will be the sale configuration:
>
> SS bands
> SS grill
> mosaic cart
> Temperature gauge

Great!

> With the following:
>
> Gas option

*I* think you'll be glad that you bought it.
For $15 more, add the regular draft door. Just trust me on this. ;-)

> SS upper cooking bracket

Yes, definitely.

> (I'll see if I can get a 22" grill elsewhere. $89 is a bit rich
> given that a 22 1/2" #7 SS main cooking grill is only $39 and I've
> found a 21" grill for $13. For that price I'd get two)

That does sound high, BUT remember that the $39 is the upgrade from the regular
grill, not the complete price.
I didn't order the upper grill with my #5, decided to use one I bought at
Lowes/HomeDepot/wherever. I recently ordered a Kamado upper grill along with
the meat hanger (and a meat hanger for my #3) I like the fit of the Kamado
grill much better. YMMV of course.

> SS lower drip pan bracket

Definite YES!

> SS meat hanger

I think you would have ordered one eventually. I did.

> Mushikamado SS double cooking grid

Can't comment. They don't make one for anything smaller than the #7, but I
like the idea. I welder friend keeps promising to build me one for my #5, maybe
I should take him some ribs, pulled pork and a brisket...

> SS grill scraper

Yes. I like mine. It fits and scrapes *all* of my Kamado made grills, but
*not* the after market grills.
Monroe has 9,725 (at last count) uses for one. Backscratcher comes to mind.

> As much extruded charcoal as they can fit.

LOL, you've already experienced the stuff. I think you'll like it even better
in your new ceramic.
30 boxes is the minimum pallet (when NOT ordered with your Kamado). Get a group
and really save on shipping. I'm working on the SECOND order coming to Orlando.
..

> No one mentioned the side tables. Given that it takes two hands (at
> least!) to open one of these, where do you put your beer////utensils?

Not an option for my #5, so I never considered them.

> Now to decide, a #7 or #9...?

OK, you want one of the big guys. Think this way...a #7 (I've cooked 6 of the
"Sam's" butts on my #5) for your big one, then a #3 (or #5?) so you can cook
different things at the same time, at different temperatures. I do realize that
you've already got a yard full of cookers, it's just a suggestion. ;-)

> Then, what tile?

I have the Terra Blue. I'm happy with it. My brother and sister-in-law have
the Cobalt Blue. They're happy with it. Cobalt Blue is the most popular color.
They've run out in the past, causing delays (but that could happen with any
color). I'm guessing that you've already been through the Kamado website and
forum looking at all the colors. What's in your yard to accent, match and or
complement?