Radar

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 12:40:00 -0400, "Matthew L. Martin"
> wrote:

>I think that it will be the sale configuration:
>
>SS bands
>SS grill
>mosaic cart
>Temperature guage
>
>With the following:
>
>Gas option
>SS upper cooking bracket
> (I'll see if I can get a 22" grill elsewhere. $89 is a bit rich
> given that a 22 1/2" #7 SS main cooking grill is only $39 and I've
> found a 21" grill for $13. For that price I'd get two)
>SS lower drip pan bracket
>SS meat hanger
>Mushikamado SS double cooking grid
>SS grill scraper
>As much extruded charcoal as they can fit.
>
>No one mentioned the side tables. Given that it takes two hands (at
>least!) to open one of these, where do you put your beer////utensils?
>
>Now to decide, a #7 or #9...? Then, what tile?
>
>Matthew (or and HDTV)

Just as one more data point, I have one side table and I wish I had
gotten two. They come in handy and they look nice. They aren't
essential by any means, but I do like the way the tile matches the
rest of the Kamado. To each his own.

I put a cast iron cauldron in the hole in the mushikamado grill and
rest it on the lower bracket. My cauldron is heavy and will bend a
grill if it isn't supported in some way, but the lower bracket
provides plenty of support. With this setup I can barbecue a lot of
pork shoulders on the grill and still have room for some beans or
maybe some roasted vegetables in the dutch over.

Go with the #9. Nobody ever wished they had a smaller grill.