James Emanuel

"Matthew L. Martin" > wrote in message
> I think that it will be the sale configuration:
>
> SS bands
> SS grill
> mosaic cart
> Temperature guage

Good price in my opinion for the end of summer sale

> With the following:
>
> Gas option

Good choice, includes the lumpsaver. You might want to get the standard
firebox and draft door also as an extra, these would not be included if you
buy the gas option.

> SS upper cooking bracket
> (I'll see if I can get a 22" grill elsewhere. $89 is a bit rich
> given that a 22 1/2" #7 SS main cooking grill is only $39 and I've
> found a 21" grill for $13. For that price I'd get two)

Actually the upper grill consists of an 18" grill and a grill stand. The
$39 for the SS main grill is the UPGRADE price. Off the shelf for that
grill is $69.

> SS lower drip pan bracket

Yes

> SS meat hanger

I don't have this and don't miss it.

> Mushikamado SS double cooking grid

I don't have, don't need

> SS grill scraper

Ditto

> As much extruded charcoal as they can fit.

I got a free sample of the K charcoal recently at the cookoff in Sacto. I
like it, but find it's kind of expensive compared to the Lazzari lump at
about $12.00 / 40# delivered (pallet load) in S.F. east bay.

> No one mentioned the side tables. Given that it takes two hands (at
> least!) to open one of these, where do you put your beer////utensils?

It (K7) doesn't take two hands to open. on mine, the lid opens easily with
one hand, and stays up by itself, the set screws on the lid props aren't
needed. I have heard from some that the K9 does need the prop screws to
stay open. I do have one side table, like it, sometimes wish I had two. My
only complaint about mine is that it kind of looks like it's sagging (the
fit isn't perfect).

I would also highly recommend a pizza stone/heat deflector (15" dia), either
Kamado's or otherwise. I also use a 12" square concrete paving stone as a
heat deflector when I am using the pizza stone.

> Now to decide, a #7 or #9...? Then, what tile?

It's pretty rare that I require something bigger than my K7. Saw a K9 at
the cookoff. They are huge. My K7 easily does a whole brisket and 2-3
butts. Obviously, my opinion on tile would not mean a thing to you, but do
think about how it would look in your yard 25 years from now. i.e. avoid
"fad" colors