Cwdjrx _

I find that top German Rieslings of Auslese, BA, and TBA quality often
are served too cold. A good example of one of these wines has plenty of
acidity to balance the sweetness, so you do not need to overchill the
wine to make it seem more balanced. If you overchill, you can lose much
of the powerful and complex bouquet that such wines have. I find that
close to cellar temperature often works for me. If you have a very cold
cellar such as in parts of Europe, the wine may need to be a bit warmer.
If there is a big difference in the room temperature and desired serving
temperature, it helps to use ultra thin glasses so the wine does not
rapidly change temperature in the direction of room temperature. In
case the glass of wine proves a bit too cool, you can warm the glass
with your hand. In case the wine is too warm, I use a sealed silver
bulb with a long stem filled with a liquid. This is stored in the
freezer. One can stir the wine in the glass with this a bit to lower the
temperature. I have had the devices for years, but do not know if they
are still made. I seldom need them, but they are nice to have when I
have to delay drinking a glass of wine and it becomes too warm.

My mailbox is always full to avoid spam. To contact me, erase
from my email address. Then add . I do not
check this box every day, so post if you need a quick response.