Melba's Jammin'

In article >, zxcvbob
> wrote:

>> Now I gotta decide if I want to use the long boil method, or add
>> Certo and lots more sugar, so I get more jelly. I'm not sure which
>> is supposed to taste better.

> Bob

You sure work hard.
I've got my asbestos skivvies on so any replies won't be bothering me:
I read "somewhere" - sure wish I'd paid more attention to where I read
it (I"d venture to say it was from some Unis extension division) -
recently that stuff made with added pectin tastes better (fresher?)
because of the quick cook. I'm inclined to agree. My opinion.

And as I said in my email, I did both ways this summer and the stuff
with the Ball Fruit Jell powder (I've given up on Sure?Jell due to cost)
was better and won the 4th Place ribbon. It was also from a different
batch of juice than the stuff I did long-cook. Five cups juice to 7
cups sugar for 8 (?) half-pint jars.

Let the games begin!
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 9/2/04; check the Fairs Fare tab.