Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default Donating to the Food Bank

Bruce wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Oct 2017 10:37:37 +0100, Janet > wrote:
>
> > When Margaret Thatcher was PM she offered all Council House tenants
> >the chance to buy and own their home and many did. In other words, they
> >had a sufficient steady earned income to obtain a mortgage; and the
> >property and its community were desirable places to live, not a social
> >dumping ground.
> > The money raised should have been ringfenced to build replacement
> >stock of social housing for rent, but wasn't. As a result, so many
> >council houses passed into private ownership, the UK now has a dire
> >shortage of social housing for those in need.

> Margaret Thatcher is a universal symbol of how not to run a country.

Not what I've heard. MT was a good PM but only the liberals hated
her just like at the time the liberals here hated Reagan. IMO,
both were damn good at their jobs. In my lifetime, Reagan was the
best President we ever had. Let the bombs fly and burst now from
all the liberals wailing and gnashing their teeth. hahaha