Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default Donating to the Food Bank

jmcquown wrote:

> Maybe he's thinking of someone living in a clearing in a tent in the
> woods... who could dig a small pit and put rocks around it. Gather
> kindling and wood. I do hope he has some matches.

Ya know, that is one of my "bucket list" things to do.
Starting a fire with no advantages.
Just use dry wood and maybe strong fresh vines.
I will have a knife though. I've got a good Buck hunting knife.

I've watched so many survival shows about it.
Seem like the bow and drill is the best way.
Needs some strong vines though for the "string".

I plan to try this someday on the beach and start a fire
and eat some oysters harvested just offshore.

heheh I'll certainly write if I ever do this but don't
hold your breath. I've been planning this for years.