Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Donating to the Food Bank

On 10/10/2017 11:16 PM, wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 10, 2017 at 9:42:15 PM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
>>
>> Any other suggestions for shelf-stable and/or or canned items to put in
>> the food bank bin? I thought about canned tomatoes. But if this is
>> indeed mostly going to feed the local farm workers, they're the ones who
>> have been picking the tomatoes for months. They're probably sick of them.
>>
>> Jill
>>

> Don't shoot the messenger but how about donating some boxes of
> Hamburger Helper or boxes of macaroni and/or spaghetti? These
> are all shelf stable items.

I did inquire about dried pasta and things like that. She said of
course but she kept mentioning protein. The thing about Hamburger
Helper is you have to add the ground beef. However, since I've already
got canned tuna on my list... no reason not to get Tuna Helper! Is
there a [canned] Chicken Helper? If not there should be.

Jill