Kim Grauballe

Default 16 ounce can of chocolate frosting

"Dee Randall" <deedoveyatshenteldotnet> wrote in message
> I saw a recipe for that included a 16-ounce can of chocolate frosting. I
> looked at Walmart and saw a Betty Crocker's brand which included
> hydrogenated oil.I have never used a product of chocolate frosting.
>
> As I don't eat any product with hydrogenated oil or vegetable shortening,
> I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is such a product made with butter?
> Or can one make this product easily oneself with butter?
>
> Thanks
> Dee

Try this, you can adjust the amount, acording to what you need. This amount
is for a cake 24 by 24 cm.
Chocholate Frosting

75 g butter

3 Tbs cocoa powder

1 Tbs milk

300 ml ising sugar

1 tsp vanilla sugar

Put butter cocoa and milk in a pot on the stove, melt and let cook for a few
seconds. Remove from heat and mix in ising sugar and vanilla sugar. Mix
until smooth and creamy. ( This is according to original recipe, but in
practice impossible. You need to add additional milk slowly in very small
amounts, to achieve the desired smoothness ). If necessary, place in fridge
for a short time.

Kim