Greg

Default Foam on Muscadine Must

I'm a rookie wine-maker, but it is a lot of fun so far. I currently
have an Elderberry, Banana, and a Watermelon/Peach in secondaries
doing great. I put a muscadine in the primary two days ago, and
pitched the yeast yesterday. Before pitching the yeast, I strained all
the juice from the pulp bag and removed the bag. (There are no skins
or pulp in the primary. I know some leave all that in there, while
some don't even use a strain bag.)

Today, there is a light tan foam on top. I didn't experience any foam
with the other three brews. The muscadine must smells wonderful. Is
this foam normal? Should I stir it into the must each day? I'm
assuming that if this foam is there when it's time to rack, that it
should stay out of the secondary, correct? Thanks for your help.