Bob (this one)

Combat Lit wrote:

> Bob wrote
>
> << It's called "spaghetti Bolognese." See, spaghetti... >>
>
> In Bologna and throughout Northern Italy, the dish is "Tagliatelle al Ragu alla
> Bolognese." Spaghetti is not an acceptable substitution in the classic
> presentation.

Of course. I was quoting the guy who asked the question. He asked
about whether "spaghetti Bolognese" used other pastas. I pointed out
that when something was called "spaghetti... anything" it was made
with spaghetti, not elbows or some other shape. It wasn't so much
about Bolognese as the use of "spaghetti" as a generic term for all
pastas.

I had a wide and thick "pasta alla chitarra" with a Bolognese sauce in
Italy some years back. I confess that I preferred it because there was
a heftier bite of pasta than the tagliatelle provide. It worked well
with the intensity of the sauce.

Pastorio