Posted to rec.food.preserving
songbird songbird is offline

Default well, we're gonna try some dilly beans

George Shirley wrote:
> I will look in my library of canning and cooking books, some very old.
> I'm old too so I don't remember a lot of things that we do, therefore a
> library of the above.

thanks,

once i've made something once or twice i
hardly ever look it up again.

> I used to work shift work in a chemical plant, ran the boilers and water
> treatment there for sixteen years. I learned early on to go to sleep
> early and wake up to the alarm clock. Learned that from my Dad, he
> worked shift for over forty years. That shift work and several years in
> the USN taught me to not wait for the alarm clock. Then I went into
> management at several companies and got used to getting up to get ready
> to go to work and do it early.

i've worked for the family company and that was
construction/helper/truck driver/gopher/mover
of crap/cleanup/warehouse help/answer the phones/
etc, but once i got away from that and went to
college i worked through college, but had flex
time as long as the work got done. as i worked
and lived in the same building i was always on
call. after i finished my degree i worked
full time and kept more or less daytime hours
but i liked being a night owl when a bigger
project would come up (more quiet at night)
and then for the last six years before i quit
full-time work i was on 24hr call but kept
a 10-6pm schedule most of the time except
when i needed to get a bigger project done.

i am still not a morning person, but i can
function if i have to. i just don't like a
lot of noise or chatter until i'm more awake.

> Went in the Navy at 17, right out of high school and worked for 47 years
> after getting out. We had a lot of fun as we worked overseas for many
> years. Then I started my own business and ran that for about fifteen
> years off and on. I get anxious when I don't have anything to do. <G>

with as much gardens as we've got here there's never
a shortage of stuff to do. in the summer i'm hoping
for a rainy day or two at least once a week so i get
a break of some sort. doesn't always work out that
ways. the past few weeks it has. nice to not have to
spend time watering.

the current project was delayed by rain again, but i
hope to make more progress this morning. have to get
out early as it will be too hot later today.

ok, well, have fun

songbird